This Week's Theme:


This Week's Theme: Holidays!

Armagetto Fabulous on Tumblr!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cover Redo: Thor #168 by Mark Hurst

So, I just finished reading a book about Jack Kirby so with that still fresh in my mind I decided to do a Kirby cover. I came across Thor #168 where he is chasing down Galactus, who stops him and begins telling his origin. I thought it was pretty interesting so I started to sketch only to find out that the design I was doing was similar to the continuation of the story in Thor #169. So enjoy of the variations I did with this (all have minor changes that you probably can't tell). Here are the covers for 168 &169.



4 comments:

  1. Very cool that your design/idea was so similar to the cover of Thor #169 . Great choice, and, excellent work! Jack Kirby is brain washing you :) ! (hope you share this on the Tumblr AF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's: http://armagettofabulous.tumblr.com/ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really cool, I like the white outline of Galactus' head in space, that was a clever idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you included the bifrost. Don't feel bad about the similarity. Great minds think alike. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete